Monterey Bay Eco Tours takes our staff, guest and the environment’s health and safety very seriously. We started this by creating the El Cat, our electric catamaran, with zero emission, zero fumes and zero engine noise. Through the COVID-19 pandemic we furthered our precautionary measures to reduce our staff and guest to exposure of COVID-19.
We follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, California Department of Health and Cal/OSHA.
- Trips will run at half capacity to increase distance between guest and staff
- Surface of the El Cat will be disinfected before each trip
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at check in and on board the vessel
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times
- Guests are required to wear masks at all time when the 6 ft guidelines of social distancing cannot be implemented
- Staff are required to self screen before each trip and we ask that guest self screen before arrival
- Lastly Group rates are available to encourage groups who are quarantining together to explore the Elkhorn Slough together.
Increased distance between guests with the natural ventilation from being outdoors shows a reduced chance of COVID-19 transmission.